Malta is located in the middle of Mediterranean without natural barrier to protect it, that’s why maltese costs are surrounded by caves and caverns due to the strong exposure to water movements and wind. This makes Malta an ideal place where complete the Cavern Specialty training having available so many caverns at any kind of depth.
Dark spaces seem incredibly inviting, yet are potentially dangerous.
The PADI Cavern Diver Specialty course gives you the knowledge and skills to explore caverns correctly – allowing you to enter far enough for adventure, but staying within the light zone for an easy exit to open water.
During the course you will be focused on:
- line handling and reel use;
- skills to use inside a cavern to avoid disorientation and anti-silting techniques;
- specialized equipment for cavern diving, such as lights and redundant breathing systems;
- emergency procedures outside a cavern;
- dive planning, including depth and distance limits and air management.
The course consists of:
– 2 knowledge developments
– maximum 4 adventure dives
Duration: minimum 2 days
Prerequisites: minimum PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent certification
Minimum age: 18 years old
Price includes: basic diving equipment hire, training dives, land transport from the hotel to the dive sites, PADI manual and certification fee.
Price not includes: primary and secondary torch hire.