This course can be conducted as part of an IDC or as a course.
Successfully passing the AI course involves the qualification of the PADI Assistant Instructor. When an AI is ready to continue his professional career, he will be able to participate in an OWSI program that will allow him to be admitted to an IE and get the level of PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
- PADI DiveMaster or equivalent certification of another training agency. If not a PADI Divemaster, complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment of the PADI DM course and send to PADI the copies of the qualifying certifications (first level, advanced, rescue and leadership level).
- Be at least 18 years old.
- At least 60 logged dives, with documented diving experience deep, night and underwater navigation.
- Certified diver for six months.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
- Minimum 4 days
- Online study option: minimum 2 days
Tasks of the PADI Assistant Instructor:
PADI Assistant Instructors, in active teaching status, are authorized to:
- Present the knowledge development lessons of any PADI diving course under the indirect supervision of the Instructor; the Instructor must personally evaluate the development of the students’ knowledge.
- In confined water dives, present initial skills training under the Instructor’s direct supervision.
- Conduct the assessment of the surface exercises of the dives of the Open Water Diver course, under the indirect supervision of the Instructor.
- Teach and certify Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
- Teach the Project AWARE specialty course (without diving) on your own.
- Teach the Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course independently (without diving).
- Autonomously conduct the Discover Scuba Diving in the pool or delimited waters.
- Conduct the Bubblemaker programs independently.
- Autonomously conduct the AquaMissions of the PADI Seal Team.
- Teach and certify divers in specialties that do not include diving, after completing the relevant Specialty Instructor training course and attained the degree of Instructor of those specialties.
- After completing the corresponding Instructor training, and attaining the degree of Specialty Instructor, conduct Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty courses under the direction of a PADI instructor.