Just like recreational divers look up to the Dive Masters, instructor candidates respect the IDC Staff Instructor. As the name implies, IDC Staff Instructors act as instructors in instructor training, and share their knowledge and experience with new PADI leaders. The IDC Staff Instructor course gives you in-depth knowledge of the instructor training process, and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI professionals. It is a great advancement in your diving career, and opens up many more employment opportunities.
Instructors acquire the PADI IDC Staff Instructors certification by attending an IDC Staff Instructor course led by a PADI Course Director.
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
- Emergency First Response Instructor.
- Accept to conduct all PADI courses and experience programs according to PADI Standards and PADI philosophy as specified in the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI Guide to Teaching.
- Accept to use the entire PADI System and all its components.
After an assessment of your knowledge of the diving theory at the instructor level, and your skills and presentation techniques at role model level, you will participate in the following sessions:
Standards, procedures and curriculum of the IDC course.
How to organize and conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor course.
Psychology of evaluation and counseling.
Evaluate knowledge development presentations and practical teaching presentations in confined and open waters.
Tasks of the PADI IDC Staff Instructor:
The IDC Staff Instructors, updated and in state of teaching, are authorized to:
- Teach and certify independently PADI Assistant Instructors (at PADI Five Star Dive Centres or PADI Five Star Dive Resorts).
- Conduct educational segments of an IDC, while the PADI Course Director is available on site for consultations.
- Evaluate and comment on the presentations of knowledge development, teaching in confined waters and open water of the Instructor candidates.
- Advise and provide teaching support to the candidate Instructors and to the IDC Staff Instructor candidates.
- Assist in training during Instructor-level continuing education programs.